HARD SPOT INSPECTION TROLLEY - English -
Operating and Maintenance Instructions
adaptaed from: https://app.box.com/s/c6qfgtuhfg1yd2ottrfum98x8jmg7rn3
|Hard spot inspection trolley • PLAMAT-M •
Maintenance Instructions • V2.0
5.5 Recommended calibration parameters
The following calibration parameters are currently considered as sufficient set:
In general, two different approaches can be considered for referencing/calibration purposes and for performance checks:
Both are briefly considered in turn.
- Reference plate
- Mechanical evaluation
5.6.1 Reference plate
Steel manufacturer can produce and use plates for reference purposes.
These reference plates have to be from known steel quality with an
ensemble of representative hard spots.
Reference plates allow to differentiate between base material (OK) and
hard spots (NOK) and, hence, validate correct classification of OK/NOK
areas on the reference plate.
5.6.2 Mechanical evaluation
An alternative to the validation via reference plates is the mechanical
evaluation as reference methodology. The main characteristics are:
• Reference method
• mobile evaluation of the mechanical hardness on the plate
• Leeb hardness tester is recommended
• Variation in hardness measurements
• greater variety of hardness tests on the plate than compared to reference plate
• average value of Leeb hardness tester correlates well with hardness value
• Number of reference inspections
• at least 10 reference inspections per 10x10 mm²
• minimum distance between two Leeb hardness inspections should be considered
|ROSEN and IZfP Page 67 of