HARD SPOT INSPECTION TROLLEY - English -
Operating and Maintenance Instructions
adaptaed from: https://app.box.com/s/c6qfgtuhfg1yd2ottrfum98x8jmg7rn3
|Hard spot inspection trolley • PLAMAT-M •
Maintenance Instructions • V2.0|
1.3.4 Maintenance of
the inspection system
Careful and professional maintenance is one of the major requirements for the safe operation
of the inspection system. Failure to perform the regular maintenance work may result in failure
of the inspection system and also represents a hazard for personnel and factory. The regular
check is a visual and a functional check. It includes a check of the condition of the system
components and devices.
- The responsibilities for mounting and maintenance work must be defined and observed by the system owner.
- All maintenance work must be performed by
skilled personnel only who is familiar with the system. Maintenance
personnel must be in good health, have good vision and hearing
capabilities and the capacity to think in three dimensions. These
persons are alreadytrained during commissioning of the system.
- Maintenance must be carried out in a safe manner, ensuring that safe operation is possible between maintenance intervals.
- If the inspection system is operated in several
shifts, it must be properly handed over to the next shift by means of a
shift journal. The personnel of the next shift must be informed on any
defects. It is recommended to have a fault log and appoint a foreman
(fitter or electrician) for monitoring the operation and the
maintenance of all system components.
- Any defects or damage found during maintenance
must be corrected immediately or reported for repair. In case of
evident danger for operating personnel or for the inspection system,
shut down the system immediately and put it to use again only after the
defects have been eliminated.
- Only genuine spare parts have been certified by
our quality assurance service. To ensure safe and reliable operation,
only use genuine spare parts.
- Use genuine fuses only, with the specified ampere rating.
- If any parts are dismounted during maintenance,
it must be ensured that they are remounted appropriately after the
maintenance work has been completed.
- Always observe the setting tolerances of parts which must be adjusted.
- The connecting parts of elements which are subject to load are to be mounted with suitable tools (e.g. torque wrench).
- Used parts and replaced operating materials must
be disposed of in accordance with the applicable environmental
- After major maintenance and after modifications,
the system has to be checked. The results of all checks must be
recorded in writing
| Crushing, shearing, cutting, stubbing through improper use of tools!
Observe the instructions as follows.
- Observe the relevant regulations for the prevention of accidents.
- Use appropriate mounting and transport facilities.
- Avoid jamming and pinching through appropriate arrangements.
- Use only suitable tools and, if required, special tools.
- Use lifting equipment and tools properly.
- Wear suitable equipment (e. g. helmet, protective glasses, shoes and gloves).
- After maintenance work has been completed, the following activities must be performed:
- Remove any tools, foreign parts and operating materials.
- In case of repair or replacement of pneumatic/hydraulic/electric/electronic components observe the individual settings.
- Perform a test run and a functional check of the components and safety devices.
|ROSEN and IZfP Page 10 of